Acer Iconia Tab A500 is a Android 3.0 tablet sporting a zippy Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, all packed inside a nice big 10.1 ich screen. It costs a lot less than the Xoom ($600 vs $450) but is a bit on the bulkier side. Some people are already calling it a cure-all tablet and we respectfully agree with them. But, did you know you could do much more with this Android tablet after rooting it? Follow these instructions to root it:
1. make sure, you have turned the USB debugging on. Make sure unknown sources is also selected
2. Get a micro SD card and insert it into the tablet. Switch to portrait mode and lock it in that orientation
3. Then, download and execute the APK given below.
4. Run the root procedure within the app which was installed
5. Wait for sometime and you will see the message “Congratulation! You have root access”
That is it! [required apk file]
Also check out: